It has become so common to use a trimmer for removing the hair of your body. Be it the hair of your pubic area, eyebrows, or armpits, using useful tools for performing the hair removal process a vital choice to make. It needs utmost care and caution when you are trimming down your body hair. There are various steps to follow before, after properly, and while using the trimmers or razors.
The method stays the same for eliminating the hair from every body part. But some points are suggested to be remembered while operating a hair trimmer. These steps are mentioned below:
- Hydrate your skin: The nourishment causes the skin follicles to open up and leads to a comparatively easy elimination of hair. It is known as one of the most vital steps to follow regularly besides the hair removal process. It causes the skin to soften and smoother and decreases the possibility of breakage of hair in large amounts. While the hair removal process is still in progress. You can wash your targeted hair thoroughly before trimming them to cause less discomfort while removing.
- Choose the right trimmer: The selection procedure of a trimmer highly depends on the length of your hair and the texture of your hair. The trimmer comes in various sizes and shapes, and it is advised to choose the one according to your hair length and texture. If your hair length is short and brittle, then it is suggested to go for a more high-end trimmer. On the other hand, if you have extended and hard hairs on any of your body parts, then it is strongly suggested to buy a heavyweight and broad trimmer for your legs and armpits.
- Apply chemical–free products: It is very crucial to keep in mind that if you use chemical-based skincare products such as those containing parabene and sulfates. These lead to excessive harshness in your skin because the toxins might cause the formation of cancerous cells in your body, as stated by LC. It is beneficial to avoid toxic ingredients in your shaving cream and soothing agents.
- Apply gentle strokes: The trimmer is needed to be used extremely gently as it might lead to unnecessary bruises as well as severe cuts. It might lead to tetanus infection in your body if the proper medication is not taken after facing the cut. It is advised by the dermatologists and hair experts not to use a trimmer in a hurry. Keep enough patience while performing these kinds of activities.
- Look for the directions: It is needed to take care of the direction of the growth of hair because trimming in reverse direction might lead to intense bleeding in the respected area and cause extreme harm to the skin as well. It is great to trim in the downward direction always.
- Use soothing agents: Before starting the trimming activities, it will be good to follow before and after application steps. Using soothing agents before starting razor or trimmer is known to make the targeted hair softer and remove them with ease. A thick massage of a moisturizer is excellent to keep the skin nourished for a long period. It does not lead to harshness and prevents dryness.
What to expect when trimming down there?
The hairs of your pubic area are more sensitive as compared to the hair on the rest of your body. It is known to be one of the most delicate skins in the entire human body. It needs utmost care while removing hair from the private parts, and it is preferred by the experienced people to use a tiny mirror while performing certain trimming activities down there.
Importance of dipping your trimmer in water before using:
If you want to cause less pain in the sensitive areas of your skin, then it is suggested to wash your trimmer before you apply it onto the skin. The areas causing extreme harshness in the sensitive parts might lead to even more dryness if the trimmer will not be dipped in lukewarm water before starting the trimming process. The trimming process requires extreme care as it might hurt the skin of your pubic area as well as other parts of your body.
Types of trimmers:
There are different sorts of trimmers available in the skincare market consuming high and low voltage. If you are a frequent user, then buying a trimmer having less voltage might cause a cut in your electricity bill. But it is also contingent upon the growth and length of your hair. People having less and slow growth of hair prefer buying trimmers with low voltage. It also lessens the burden from their shoulders of paying an excessive amount of electricity bills. Some trimmers need to be charged, and others need to be connected with plugs while using.